Saturday, March 19, 2011

Worship (a several parts series)

So I can going to be brave and begin to "be real". I attend a wonderful church called Sandals. It has been one catalyst to my growth as a Christian these past couple of years. It has every aspect of what true Christian should be. Does it mean we do it perfectly? No, of course not. Every church is imperfect, but we at least admit it. I look forward to going and seeing how God is going to change my or prompt me to action. Lately, I have been learning alot about worship.

What is worship? Well, it is giving our attention and adoration to someone or something. We all worship. Sometimes it is our jobs, kids, house, or spouse. Sometimes, I think I worship worship.

Needless to say God is showing me that when I turn my eyes on him and sit at his feet, life gets put into perspective. I feel all the weight leave my shoulders as I pass that to him and I get to rest in his peace and freedom.

So I want to leave you with our sermon from the last week. It was amazing. I was so glad that I got to be a part.

The Lord's Supper: Worship from sandals church on Vimeo.

No comments: