Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Day

So in the effort to be real, I thought I would post about my day. Because of childcare issues, I had to stay home with the kiddos today. It was quite a busy day. I had given myself the task to get some rooms deep cleaned on top of trying to help #1 finish a project for school which meant a trip to the museum and teaching him how to do power point. So let's take a journey through what being at home today was like with my four very wonderful boys...(do ya hear the sarcasm?)(I really do love my boys...I do.)
Hmmm...chairs turned away from each other. Could it be that two brothers needed a time out and couldn't even look at each other?
Oh yes...that is blue colored pencil all around the couch. (if anyone has any suggestions to get it out feel free to comment) Good thing our couches are not new nor in very good condition thanks to these very wonderful boys.
Could this be the boy who decided to mark the couch up in time out? Could this also be the 2 year old who didn't want to take a nap and therefore gets into all kinds of trouble when he is tired?
The never ending mound of laundry that I was trying to do while all kinds of shenanigans were going on....I was also cleaning bathrooms and bedrooms.
Bickering boys.....caught in the action.
It was a tough day...I wish I could say that I remained calm and we came to a peaceful solution to all problems. Not so much. There might have been some yelling....there might have been some overlooking because I just didn't have it in me to be the peacemaker one more time. Let's just say we made it today. All are in their beds, almost asleep. I am on the couch asking God to forgive my weak moments. Life with four boys is nuts....I love it, but then there are days like today and I wonder what we were thinking. And as my friend Nate says (they also have 4) "we weren't!"
Yeah for tomorrows, when we can start all over.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: