Monday, March 28, 2011

Marriage


For the past several months my mind has been on marriage. Adam and I have done some real hard work in regards to making our marriage one that God is pleased with and one that we are BOTH happy in. It has not come without some baggage and some retraining of hearts and minds. We are still in the thick of it. I am thankful for some amazing women who are walking with me through this and for some amazing men who are walking with Adam. They push us to examine our hearts. They cause us to draw closer to the one who loves without strings. Jesus is the perfect husband and always speaks to my heart. He loves me with a love that know no bounds. Because I have that, I am able to release Adam to grow in his role as husband. I don't pray for him near enough and am still learning what it means to be a Godly wife. We hope to only make our marriage better with each decade that passes.


Please know that we are no where near perfect. We still argue and get mad, but forgiveness comes quicker. Fights are less frequent. I was reading one of my daily blogs and saw this post. I thought it was a perfect way to describe how God can redeem a broken and falling apart marriage. I know that ours was not horrible, but God has certainly redeemed it to be more that I thought it would ever be.

No comments: