Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Month of Gratefulness {Day 13}

I woke up this morning thinking and feeling like I was going to have nothing to be grateful for today...It has been a really rough couple of days. I went to a great women's thingy yesterday. Right away though I was put in the fire to test what I have been learning not just yesterday, but for the past year and a half. It was intense and really hard. I found myself thinking I am a crazy person.  The conversations in my head are tough. The questions I am asking God are hard and I am not to sure I will like the answers.  ANYWAY, I have avoided starting to read this book because I knew that well, I would have to respond.  Crazy, right?  So the book is called One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
In the first chapter alone I cried twice. I am only in the 2nd chapter, but God is slowly revealing that the best way to beat my craziness is to be thankful. So long story short, I will need to be thankful for something today just as a matter of taking a stand against the Enemy.

I am thankful for God's unfailing love and His tireless pursuit of me. He never let's me go even though I kick and scream sometimes. (ok really most of the time) A song that has been resonating with my heart recently is "One Thing Remains"  My favorite part is:
"Your love never fails, it never give up, it never gives up on me." 
At least there is one being I can depend on for loving beyond and in spite of my screw ups.

 
PS This is long, but amazing.

No comments: