Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Month of Gratefulness {Day 1}

My "Holy Cow" and I
I refuse to skip Thanksgiving and go right to Christmas as so many stores are already doing. I NEED to remember what I am thankful for. It causes to me to think beyond the temporal and to the things that really matter. So in an effort to improve my attitude, get in the spirit of the month, and up my blogging, I will be giving thanks for something every day this month.
#1 As cliche as this may sound, I am thankful for my relationship with Jesus....He has carried me through a lot of stuff these past two years. I have grown to know Him deeper and He isn't scared or shocked by what He sees. That is important for someone who is scared to let it all hang out there for fear of rejection. I love that I don't have to fear that with Him because He loves me. I literally don't know where I would be or what I would be without Him. He gives me hope when I have none. He gives me strength when I am powerless. He gives me compassion when I would rather not love. He gives me grace when I screw up (on a regular basis). He loves me when I am at my worst. Most importantly, He died so I could live.

2 comments:

Fear_less_fitness said...

Cant wait! :) Since i am not big on Thanksgiving (as in the Holiday) I will be sure to follow in hopes of being inspired to not forget :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Shanalea! Looking forward to counting my blesings, too.
~Lori