Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Month of Gratefulness {Day 11 and 12}

Did you miss me yesterday? I make no apologies. It happens.  Day 11, I am thankful for the gift of reading.  Today I went with my boys to a book club.  This month (week, really 3 days) we read Star of Light by Patricia St. John. We have a focus on Africa this month and this is the book that went along with that focus.
It was really good, but it really made me thankful that my boys can read.  They have been given so many opportunities that many children around the world don't have. 

Day 12, I am thankful for times when God teaches me. Today I was able to spend most of my time at a conference for women.  It resonated with my heart. God created me. He loves me. He put all those intricacies that I call my personality there. Too many times I hear the lies of the Enemy. "You're not worth it. You're too much for people to handle. You're all alone. You're broken beyond repair. You have nothing of value to offer."  These are all lies, lies, lies. In Christ I am a new creation. The old is gone and passed away. So my challenge after today is to focus on the truths of who Jesus says I am. Looks like I will be spending some time in God's word. 

No comments: