Friday, November 4, 2011

A Month of Gratefulness {Day 4}

I must admit that I never thought that I would ever say the following, I am grateful for running. I have never considered myself a runner, but after this summer and fall, I find that I need this in my life. It gives me a way to run the stress of life off and I get to spend some undisturbed moments with myself.  Usually God meets me there and it is wonderful. Just this week I went the the YMCA and pounded out 3 miles. It felt GREAT! Currently I am preparing for a 10K on Thanksgiving with my sister-in-law and for a half marathon in January with Team World Vision. There is a lot of fear going into this. I am afraid of failing. I so badly want to be that person who just whips out 6 miles no problem, but the reality is when I finish at whatever time it is, I will have finished the race. Again, I am grateful for running and having the ability to run.
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" 2 Timothy 4:7

No comments: