Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Love and Action


I have been really feeling the pull to start putting myself to action. Most of you know I am not one to sit still anyway, and I am not really talking about changing much in my life. It is already busy as it is with three boys, work, church, aerobics, etc.... What I am talking about is changing some of my priorities. I have found that most of what I do is surrounded by the idea that I am the most important person in the world. How I wish that was true, but the reality is there are so many people suffering here and abroad. I have been asking lately for my eyes to be open and heart the be open to see where I can love people the way God loves them. That brought me back to an old passion that once burned very brightly, orphans. I am sure that many of you know about the plight of the orphans in Africa due to Aids and Malaria. God continues to show me how is heart breaks for the "least of these". I have also been reading a book called Dangerous Surrender by Kay Warren. She has been putting to words what I have felt many times while I have been overseas. (Each time I went overseas we would visit orphans) It got me thinking about how can I be used where I am. Well, on Facebook I made a comment about it. I was so glad I did because my cousin sent me a wonderful site. It has several organizations that work with orphans. I can hardly wait to sit down and see where God will lead me.

No comments: