Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Love, Jesus


I love birthdays especially when I have no expectations. This morning my wonderful husband let me sleep in which in our house is quite the feat. Not only did I sleep in, but I got breakfast in bed made my my favorite boys. THEN, I got to get ready and not have to worry about any other person but me. Still more, I got to go to church and spend some time by myself. Another precious commodity in our house.

What has truly blown me away today is how Jesus has shown his love to me. I was reading my Bible this morning and read this verse. John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you" I just about passed out when I read this. You see God has given me a heart for the orphans which seems like such a great task yet he has already taken care of them. So that was blessing number 1. After getting the kids to class, I walk in and the song we began to sing was probably one of my favorites. Then we sang something after the service that just spurred my heart. It may seem funny to some of you, but I have been trying to learn how to trust God completely and this morning in his sweet kindness demonstrated that he loved me. It was his present to me, like he was saying Happy Birthday, Love, Jesus.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday girl!