Monday, September 27, 2010

A Rare Moment

This Sunday our family experienced a moment that comes few and far between. All boys were involved in an activity that did not involve loud noises or bodily harm. What were they doing? They were coloring. (of course it quickly became a competition to see who could do it better, but I am choosing to ignore that for right now). Our daddy was gone and I was holding the fort down. #2 on his own went and grabbed a book with some markers. #3 (because he is becoming #2's clone) decided to get some as well. #1 not wanting to be left out of a good idea went and got his own stuff too.
I love to see them getting their artist hats on.

Since #4 is not allowed to use anything that might make a mark because well....he can't be trusted and he will most likely use it as a chew toy. He enjoyed his time being contained in his jumper. What was I doing? Eating bonbons...reading a book....drinking a passion iced tea lemonade from Starbucks....scrapbooking.....watching a movie that only I would enjoy?Oh no....I was attempting to work my way through the mountain of laundry that had taken over one of our couches. (BTW there was still more to do after this mountain....I am still not done)

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

I love that this takes me right into your home and family, even though I've been gone for 3 months! #3 has no shirt...so typical. The couch is full of laundry (shall we say, normal? ;) I love it! And I love you guys! Can't wait to see you!!